TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE YOU MUST BE BASED IN SCOTLAND OR WILLING TO MOVE.
What You’ll Do
Every CG animation studio is highly dependent on IT infrastructure in order to produce content, in particular studios benefit from the development of custom software tools that sit alongside or within existing CG animation and VFX software. The production process can also involve the collaboration of many different disciplines across multiple stages of production resulting in a high degree of systems complexity.
The Head of Systems is responsible for defining and then supporting the IT infrastructure of the studio both at a macro (enterprise) level as well as the development of specific niche software tools at an artist level. All with the ultimate objective being to support the production of high quality animation through the administration and development of IT tools and infrastructure.
Key aspects of the role will entail:
- Making sure that all systems are working optimally
- Driving technical innovation in response to creative requirements
- Work with the production team to assess IT requirements for upcoming CG projects
- Proactively develop ongoing pipeline improvements and work with the CG team and Director of Operations to grow and evolve how the studio works
- Take responsibility for entire studio IT requirements and planning
- Work with the Head of Studio to define technology strategy on an ongoing basis
The Head of Systems will be collaborative with a strong teamwork ethic, nurturing junior and mid-level IT support staff with ongoing knowledge transfer.
The Head of Systems will be an ambassador of Wild Child Animation and would represent the company at industry-wide talks and forums.
What You’ll Need
Head of Systems essentials:
- Degree or equivalent in IT/Data/Computer science field
- NO LESS than 10 years experience in relevant role within the CG/VFX industry
- Understanding of system infrastructure at an enterprise level
- Experience and understanding the design, implementation and support of complex networks across LAN, WAN and SD-WAN, with a focus on high performance, high reliability, cost effective systems
- Multiple OS experience – Linux, Mac OS, Microsoft
- Experience of complex CG production pipeline
- Full stack development experience, including development of tools (C++/Python)
- Previous experience in configuring and maintaining scaled render farm infrastructure including all aspects of hardware, software and web based/remote job submission
- Previous Experience developing and implementing disaster recovery and continuity policies
- Knowledge of and experience with Real Time rendering technologies and principles (UE knowledge highly advantageous)
- Strong knowledge of Autodesk Maya
- Strong leadership skills
- Clear and confident communicator
- Problem solver
- Organisation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with pipeline issues with respect to long form CG projects
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
Knowledge of and experience supporting high motion capture systems
Salary TBC depending on experience
Role would be a full time position.